Educators at Gansbaai Academia have a special pledge:
We who work in Gansbaai Academia hold the view that all pupils can succeed and we are working to see that it happens.
As an educator I will also
- teach, to advance the education and the development of learners as individuals;
- respect the dignity and rights of all persons without prejudice;
- develop loyalty and respect for the profession;
- be punctual, enthusiastic, well prepared for lessons, and of sober mind and body;
- improve my own knowledge and skills base to be more effective;
- maintain good communication between teachers and students, among teachers themselves and between teachers and parents;
- provide regular information to parents on their children’s progress;
- eliminate unprofessional behaviour such as teacher-pupil relationships, drunkenness, drug use, assault, sexual harassment and others;
- make myself available to provide extramural activities.